I really love blueberries. Blueberry muffins, blueberry cobbler, blueberry smoothies and especially blueberry pancakes! The only thing that I don’t seem to like is blueberry pie. I don’t know, ironically I feel like there are too many blueberries in the pie. It feels like overload to me. Haha! If you enjoy this dark colored berry with its aromatic fragrance, you’re going to be smitten with this Blueberry Sugar Scrub! After I’ve gotten all cleaned up, I love to use a scrub all over my body for not only exfoliation but moisture that last all day long in these cold winter months.
Pampering yourself in your alone time is priceless for your own peace of mind. I wrote an article, Simple Ways To Unwind & Relax and right near the top of the list is taking a warm bath. Making this Blueberry Scrub is so easy and it will definitely be worth it when you feel how moisturized your skin feels! Just imagine the warm notes of vanilla combined with yummy blueberries and coconut oil! This would also be a thoughtful gift for a friend. Who doesn’t need a little more pampering in their lives? And anything made with your own two hands is going to have so much love in it. Get the recipe below!
Blueberry Sugar Scrub
Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 oz.
- 1 cup Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Freeze-Dried Blueberries
- 2 tbsp. Blue Sugar Sprinkles
- ¾ cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- Place freeze-dried blueberries in sealed zip-loc bag. Using a rolling pin, crush blueberries until very fine.
- Combine cane sugar, crushed freeze-dried blueberries, and blue sugar sprinkles in small mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla extract to dry mixture. Stir well.
- Garnish scrub with freeze-dried blueberries.
- Tip #1: use organic ingredients.
- Tip #2: works as an exfoliator and moisturizer.